“Nolte te Bastardes” Coffee Table Makeover Kit
This Glasshouse Girl DIY Kit contains all the materials you need to give your coffee table (or another small piece of furniture) a “Nolte te Bastardes” stencil top makeover! Full instruction are included with more hints and tips on top of those detailed in the tutorial on my blog!
The kit contains:
- 80 grit ‘surface stripping’ sandpaper
- 3 x Foam paint brushes (1 x small, 1 x medium, 1 x large)
- 1 x coarse grit sanding/smoothing pad
- 1 x easy stencilling pouncer
- 100ml acrylic colour coat in June Red, Serena Teal, Martha Grey or Commander Black
- 50ml white chalk stencil paint
- 50ml weathered oak waterbased wood stain
- 50ml stain waterbased wood varnish
- 2 x paper plates
- 1 x paper bowl
- 1 x A4 Glasshouse Girl “Nolte te Bastardes” mylar stencil
- FREE BONUS GIFT: 1 x small Glasshouse Girl male/female equality symbol mylar stencil
I had an amazing A-Level English Lit teacher who introduced me to The Handmaid’s Tale. This was over 20 years ago (boo!) but the lessons in this sci-fi novel have never left me. With the amazing recent Hulu series, I felt like “Nolte te Bastardes Carbondurum” is a true call to action for this generation – join the revolution with your own coffee table makeover.
This is a stylish, subtle and surprisingly achievable upcycle! Do it the Glasshouse way and come home from work every day knowing that you won’t “Let the bastards get you down”!
I have preregistered for my copy of Margaret Atwood’s sequel novel – The Testaments – have you?!